09 November 2009

Mai's Mighty Closet

All photos by Maggie Mason, Mighty Girl!

Fashioni.st by Mai Le is my favorite street style blog by far. Browsing her photographs, I'm reminded that I miss the Bay Area immensely (bulky vintage sweaters, scuffed boots, '60s day dresses, colorful headwraps, and multisubcultural people of color!). Plus, Mai makes and delivers banh mi on her bicycle, actions of delicious goodness that demand I declare Vietnamese solidarity.

But I don't know that I'd ever seen her own style before Maggie Mason at Mighty Girl featured her as part of her Mighty Closet series -- and I'm pretty much the most envious girl on the block right now. Mai is a girl after my own sartorial heart --how much does she rock this denim jumpsuit with multiple leather belts and crocheted fishnets?-- but with much, much better shoes, dammit.